Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Update 2-28-07


My Chris Ware story -- part of a larger piece on comic art -- will run in the upcoming issue of Art Scene Iowa. I'll publish it here once it's out. For anyone who missed Ware's talk, it's available via a webcast on the Sheldon's web site. Ware was funny, engaging and smart. I highly recommend checking out the dialogue between him and Dan Siedell here.

In other news, four shows are opening this Friday at the Bemis Center. I'll be writing about a few of them, most notably Karen Kunc's solo show. I wrote a story this week for the Reader about the upcoming Bemis Underground show, curated by Nic Bartlett and Rachel Ziegler, which looks to be super interesting, as is the norm at the BU. Click on the image at right for more information on the party they're throwing next Friday night. I had to buy a new pair of black shoes so I could donate an old one (or at least that's what I told myself.)

This Saturday I'm traveling to Nebraska City to visit, for the first time, the Kimmel Harding Nelson Center for the Arts. Lincoln artist Clarisse Hastie creates collage work inspired by her home, the Alsace-Lorraine region of France. I'm also going to try and do some thrifting and eating while I'm in town, and maybe get a few apples just for good measure.

I'll be starting a new job next week so I might be a bit slower on updating, for the two people that are likely looking at my blog. But rest assured I'll do my best to keep posting as usual. I hope to see more comments posted on here at some point -- I'm always interested in feedback. Thanks for reading.

No comments: