Thursday, October 16, 2008

This Weekend...

My artsy friend Rachel and I are going to check out some art tomorrow night. Artist Allyson Gibbs is opening a show of new work at Benson's very cool PULP Gallery, and we'll be there. (After that its drinks at Jake's, my new favorite midtown bar.) On Saturday night, one of my favorite artists, Renee Ledesma Hoover, opens her annual fall show, this year at Rob Gilmer's RNG Gallery. I'll be reviewing it for the Reader in the coming weeks. Her sculptures are some of my favorites and what makes her art even better is her warm, engaging personality. I look forward to this show every year.

Also, here's something interesting to look at. My sister Lindsey sent me a link and wrote me a note that came with it: "Isn't it weird how this is basically just like the Kaneko?" she typed. Yes, it is. And it makes me think that Omaha is very lucky to have such an innovative art space budding in its downtown.

In other news, I'm enjoying the fall and have been crazy busy with my day job and my editor duties at the Reader. I wish I had more time to devote to writing, drinking wine at La Buvette and going on vintage shopping expeditions. Those are three of my favorite fall activities. I have enjoyed digging out all my forgotten fall clothing and, on the chilly evenings, spending time at home indulging in some of the trashiest and most addictive Bravo reality television. (I DIE for Rachel Zoe and her mind boggling collection of vintage. Sigh.)

And in some final news, I'm super excited for a few upcoming concerts: Stephen Malkamus, Mason Jennings and Wolf Parade are all coming to Omaha.

Glorious fall: perfect for art, fashion and music.

Signing off.

Above photo courtesy RNG Gallery and Renee Ledesma Hoover.